We are excited to announce that we will once again be running our very successful, nutrition-based challenge, the 30-Day Primal Blueprint Challenge starting on Monday June 1st.
The Primal Blueprint was developed by Mark Sisson, of Mark’s Daily Apple. Why do we prefer his approach over others (such as the Whole30, or The Paleo Diet)? Because the Primal Blueprint advocates a simple yet wholistic approach to changing our habits around food and exercise, without forcing sacrifices to the point of misery.
From the Primal Challenge homepage:
“Everyone wants to eat good food, be active, and enjoy all that life offers. Everyone wants to be healthier, fitter, happier, and more productive. But no one wants to endure a lifetime of misery and hard work just to get there. Luckily, hundreds of thousands of people have already discovered that it’s actually really simple, that it doesn’t require suffering and sacrifice, and that just a few foundational changes to the way we approach food, exercise, and life can transform our health and wellness for the rest of our lives.”
What does the Primal Challenge entail? It’s very simple. For 30 days, you will:
- Eat real food.
- Avoid sugar, grains, unhealthy fats, beans/legumes.
- Align your carb intake with your weight goals and activity levels.
- Move frequently at a slow pace: Get between 2-5 hours per week of moderate aerobic exercise.
- Lift heavy things: Conduct 1-3 brief, intense sessions of full-body functional movements.
- Sprint: Go “all out” once a week.
- Get 8 hours of sleep every night.
- Get 15 minutes of direct sun exposure each day.
- Play! Find time to let go, disconnect, unwind and have fun each day.
Luckily for you, numbers 4, 5, and 6 are things you already do with us at the gym!
Cost is $20 and you must be a member at CrossFit Punta Gorda. We will be giving most of the cash back to the winners of the Challenge (we will decide how many winners based on enrollment).
Don’t worry, you will not be on your own in this. We will be giving support in the way of helpful articles, a tracking sheet, and a private Facebook Group for those of us doing the challenge. Our first meeting will be Friday May 29th at 6:30pm. Sign up sheet is at the gym.
For more information on the Primal Blueprint, check out the infographic below, or visit the challenge homepage at http://www.marksdailyapple.com